Emo as part of our Community

Emo as part of our Community

I have a cousin who dresses like emo and is an emo. How do I know? Once, I asked him, “Why are you dressed like that?” and he said that he was dressed like that to depict that he is indeed an emo. The first feeling that came through me was the feeling of nervousness.

New Emo Hairstyle-Haircuts: Emo

Why? I was nervous because when some people say emo, it means that they are the ones who are cutting themselves when they have problems. Emos are the ones who have the tendency to kill themselves when he/she has a problem. Aside from feeling nervous, I also felt worried because I didn’t expect that one of my cousins, a family member, will be an emo.

New Emo Hairstyles-Haircuts: Emo boy

Then I asked him, “Why are you emo? Are you aware how society interprets your styles?” He just said that it is his way of showing himself, because of how he dresses his companions accepts who he is. He is accepted by his peers because of his style. I think he felt insulted when I asked that question so I just let him be after that question. Yes, indeed they may have a bad reputation to some of us, but they are becoming a part of our community. We should just accept them and support them for who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...